On Friday, July 3, Examination Management Services, Inc. (EMSI), notified Transamerica of its plans to immediately cease operations. This communication was unexpected.
EMSI — a trusted provider of underwriting support for many years — was, unfortunately, adversely impacted by changes in service volumes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following products could be impacted by these changes:
• Transamerica Financial Foundation Index Universal Life®
• Trendsetter® Series
• Final expense reinstatements
Starting immediately, NEW underwriting requirements should be sent to:
• Exams and labs — APPS (recommended vendor), IMS, or ExamOne
• Attending physician statements — parameds.com (recommended vendor) or Express Imaging Services, Inc.
VENDOR CONTACT INFORMATION
APPS — Portamedic 800–727–2101 appslive.com
Insurance Medical Services, Inc. 877–808–5533 imsparamed.com
ExamOne, Inc. 800–768–2056 examone.com
Express Imaging Services, Inc. 888–846–8804 eiscallcenter.com
• Agent-ordered outstanding requirements with EMSI: Please reorder using one of our approved vendors above.
• Home office-ordered requirements: Transamerica is working diligently with other vendors on existing cases to fulfill the outstanding requests for exams, labs, and parameds.
We appreciate your patience and attention to this change in vendor support as this disruption will likely delay policy issue times. If you have any additional questions, please contact your Transamerica support team.